Stomach exercises are possibly the very first set of exercises everyone learns because the flat stomach and abs are the first desires of every teen. These are some of the best flat stomach exercises for women and men. Getting your desired summer body is not that complicated, if you’re disciplined you do not need to even hire a fitness trainer or pay outrageously for a gym or even fancy equipment. These are quick ab workouts you can do at home. Call it your flat tummy workout plan and you can create a diet to go along with it.
Here are 7 exercises for a flat tummy.
The sit-up exercise is the most popular workout for a flat stomach, even every kid knows it. the famous sit up is an abdominal exercise made to build abdominal strength, with so many other benefits, it is easy for you to get lazy with it. Some people engage in a sit-up challenge to stay disciplined and driven. Sit-ups don’t have to be done every day. The benefit of sit-ups is that they train your abdomen in terms of endurance and strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles.
- Sit-ups begin with lying with the back on the floor, typically with the arms across the chest or hands behind the head and the knees bent in an attempt to reduce stress on the back muscles and spine.
- Elevate both the upper and lower vertebrae from the floor until everything superior to the buttocks is not touching the ground.
Twist crunches is a form of crunches workout. Some people also look to crunches to reduce their tummy fat. Some people like to combine it with sit-ups and others substitute them. The crunch is one of the most popular abdominal exercises. It primarily works the rectus abdominal muscle and also works the obliques. These twist crunches can be performed on exercise balls or holding weights, this increases the difficulty, the load on the abdomen and gives quicker results.
- The twist crunchbegins with lying face up on the floor with your knees bent.
- You begin to crunch by simply lifting one shoulder at a time towards the pelvis.
- The hands can be behind or beside the neck or crossed over the chest
Plank work outs are tough but great for achieving that flat stomach. The plank became popular as a social media challenge, who knew a plank exercise would have such good benefits. The plank is an isometric core strength exercise that involves maintaining a position similar to a push-up for the maximum possible time. The plank strengthens the abdominals, back, and shoulders. Planking for beginners is not easy, for this you can create your own planking exercise routine. It is often advised that beginners should hold their plank position for 3 to 5 breaths. The most common plank is the front plank which is held in a push-up-like position, with the body’s weight borne on forearms, elbows, and toes. Many variations exist such as the side plank and the reverse plank. The plank is commonly practiced in pilates and yoga, and by those training for boxing and other sports.
- Begin planking by kneeling and extending your body forward.
- Place your palms on the surface parallel to your shoulders, bend your elbows to rest on your forearm.
- Extend your legs backwards and feel your body become a plank.
Side plank is a form of planking exercise. The difference is that the planking is done to the side as opposed to planking forward. Side planks benefit the abdominal muscles and shaping the sides of the body. Side plank variations are done based on your desired results.
- To achieve a side plank, lie on your right side with your legs straight.
- Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line.
- Rest your left hand on your hip. Brace your abs and hold for 60 seconds. If you can’t make it to 60 seconds, hold for 5 to 10 seconds and rest for 5; continue for 1 minute.
- Be sure your hips and knees stay off the floor.
Leg lifts are another great work out for a flat stomach. There are different types of leg lift workouts such as single leg lifts, standing leg lifts etc. The leg raises or leg lift is a strength training exercise which targets interior hip flexors. This exercise is good for tummy workouts because the abdominal muscles are used to stabilize the muscles during the motion, strengthening the rectus abdominis muscle and the internal and external oblique muscles. Leg lifts can be done with weights and has its benefits. This exercise can also be done in different positions such as lying down, standing, seated or tractioned.
- The regular lying leg lift is done by first lying flat on your back.
- Place your arms stretched by your side
- Lift both legs gently off the ground, put it down and repeat.
Standing side bend
The standing side bend is one exercise every African mother knows. This amazing workout targets the external and internal obliques and strengthens the side ab wall, it’s magical. This exercise helps to sculpt the waist, tightens the core and improves your posture and stability, which is key for everyone. It is also pretty easy to do. You can also perform your side bends with weights in your arm.
- To perform a standing side bend, stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your arms above your head holding a dumbbell
- Bend your torso to the right, as far as it feels comfortable
- Return to your original position and bend to the opposite side.
- Keep alternating sides until the set is compete.
The dip or push-ups is an exercise used in strength training. The bench dip places more emphasis on the stomach muscles, because the exercise requires and trains upper body strength.
- To perform a dip, the exerciser places their hands behind them on a bench, parallel to the floor, with their legs extended forward.
- Then lowers their body until their arms are bent to a 90-degree angle at the elbows, and then lifts their body up, returning to the starting position and repeat
- Short people are able to cope better with a narrower grip, but not with a wider one